Arlington, Va. – Dominion National, a leading dental insurer and administrator of dental and vision benefits, is donating thousands of dental care kits for children to local clinics and health departments throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. For the past seven years, Dominion has donated the kits, which include toothbrushes, toothpaste, dental floss and fun oral health facts, in observance of February’s National Children’s Dental Health Month.
National Children’s Dental Health Month, launched by the American Dental Association, brings together thousands of dedicated professionals, healthcare providers and educators to promote the benefits of good oral health to children, their caregivers, teachers and many others. According to the Global Burden of Disease Study, 486 million children suffer from caries, or tooth decay, of primary teeth.1
“Cavities are one of the most common chronic childhood diseases in the United States,” said Dominion President Mike Davis. “Dominion is thrilled to contribute to the continuous improvement in the oral health of our children in our communities.”
Dominion is donating dental health kits to organizations in four states, including:
- State of Delaware’s First Smile Delaware Program
- Baltimore City Department of Social Services’ Making All The Children Healthy (MATCH) Program
- Delaware Maryland Dental
- Frederick County Health Department
- Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services
- State of Maryland Early Childhood Comprehensive System (ECCS) Initiative
- Allegheny County Health Department
- Philadelphia Department of Public Health’s Ambulatory Health Division
- Arlington Free Clinic Oral Health Program
- City of Alexandria Child Assessment & Treatment Center for Health
- Norfolk Department of Public Health Dental Clinic
- Richmond City Health District Health Education Program
About Dominion National
Dominion National, incorporated in 1996, is an agile and innovative provider and administrator of dental and vision benefits. Dominion serves over 900,000 members, including leading health plans, employer groups, municipalities, associations and individuals among its diverse client base. For more information, please visit DominonNational.com or follow Dominion National on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter.
1 GBD 2016 Disease and Injury Incidence and Prevalence Collaborators. Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 328 diseases and injuries for 195 countries, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016. Lancet. 2017;390 (10100):1211-1259.