PPO members may receive services from any licensed dentist, including specialists, without a referral from a general dentist. For maximum benefits at the lowest cost, members should visit a participating Dominion dentist. To learn more about in-network savings, visit DominionNational.com/EOB and select “In-Network Advantages” in the PPO section.
Below are some examples and descriptions of various dental specialists.
- Endodontist: Treats the roots and nerves of teeth.
- Oral Surgeon: Treats problems related to the hard and soft tissues of the face, mouth and jaws.
- Orthodontist: Treats malocclusion and other neuromuscular and skeletal abnormalities of the teeth and their surrounding structures.
- Pediatric dentist: Treats children from birth through adolescence. Provides primary and comprehensive preventive and therapeutic oral health care. Formerly known as a pedodontist.
- Periodontist: Treats diseases of the supporting and surrounding tissues of the teeth.
- Prosthodontist: Restores natural teeth and replaces missing teeth with artificial substitutes.