Dominion National Members Have Access to SmileDirectClub’s Clear Aligner Program
Dominion National is excited to offer Dominion members access to a high-value orthodontia program through our partnership with SmileDirectClub, Inc.
Who is SmileDirectClub?
SmileDirectClub is the first oral care company to provide a telehealth platform for teeth straightening. With over 1 million customers treated since they were founded in 2014, SmileDirectClub’s clear aligners serve as an alternative to traditional braces without the higher price tag or requiring monthly in-person visits.
Who is eligible to access the SmileDirectClub program?
The SmileDirectClub program is available to all Dominion dental plan members.
- Dominion members with orthodontia coverage on their PPO plans will receive in-network coverage of SmileDirectClub’s convenient, remote orthodontic care.
- Dominion members without PPO orthodontia coverage will have access to SmileDirectClub’s offerings through discounted pricing.
SmileDirectClub offers and arranges services for certain individuals who have mild or moderate orthodontic needs and only if approved by a state-licensed dentist or orthodontist. Not all individuals are suitable candidates for clear aligners.
How does the SmileDirectClub program work?
- Take your 3D image: You have the choice to get started in the convenience of your home with an easy-to-use impression kit; at one of SmileDirectClub’s SmileShops; or at a SmileDirectClub affiliated dental practice. Then, a state-licensed dentist or orthodontist reviews your case and prescribes aligners, if appropriate.
- Preview your new smile: SmileDirectClub will provide you with a digital model and timeline for your improved smile and then create your custom-made aligners. Within 3-4 weeks, your aligners will arrive in the mail and treatment begins.
- Virtual check-ins: Wear your aligners and start seeing the results. Your assigned dentist or orthodontist will have regular virtual check-ins, guiding your treatment remotely through the SmileDirectClub platform. An experienced dental team is also available around-the-clock via text, video chat, email or phone.
- Show the world your new smile: After 4-6 months, treatment is complete and your new smile awaits. SmileDirectClub provides a lifetime guarantee1 and oral care maintenance advice so you can protect your new smile.
How does SmileDirectClub’s pricing compare to traditional braces and Invisalign?
Download the flyer for more details and pricing for Dominion National members.
How do I get started?
Visit smiledirectclub.com or call 800.848.7566.
1 Member must stay current with retainer maintenance program to be eligible for one aligner touch-up per year as needed at no additional cost.
Not all individuals are suitable candidates for clear aligners. These services, which are offered and arranged for by SmileDirectClub, are intended for certain individuals who have mild or moderate orthodontic needs and only if approved by a state-licensed dentist or orthodontist. Dominion National is not a provider of dental care services. Notice of this SmileDirectClub offering is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice.