Teledentistry: Enjoy Increased Convenience and Access to Dental Care
Receive a dental consultation without leaving your home or office! If you are a Dominion National dental program member living in D.C., Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania or Virginia (excluding the Discount Program), you may be eligible for our new teledentistry program. You can access an innovative, easy-to-use mobile app1 for teledentistry services, including virtual exams and second opinions, through our partner DigiBite.
This new teledentistry solution provides you increased convenience and access to care with a licensed dentist, helps you catch certain dental problems early and promotes good oral health.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the DigiBite app and set up an account.
- Complete an oral health questionnaire, upload any supporting documents and photos and either schedule a live video consultation or submit a request for an offline virtual consult through the app.
- View a personalized treatment plan and report within 48 hours, including any recommended follow-up care at a dental office.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who is providing the dental services?
Teledentistry services are offered by DigiBite LLC. Your teledentistry services will be provided by a licensed dentist. DigiBite LLC and Dominion National are not providers of dental care services.
Are DigiBite providers contracted with Dominion?
Yes. Dominion is contracted with and credentials DigiBite providers.
Do I need to submit a claim after using DigiBite?
No. DigiBite will submit your claim on your behalf to Dominion.
How do Dominion members access this program?
Below is an outline of the steps for receiving a DigiBite virtual dental consult:
- Complete an oral health questionnaire, upload any supporting documents and photos and either schedule a live video consultation or submit a request for an offline virtual consult (both with a licensed dentist) through the app, typically within 24-48 hours (real-time). Make payment via the DigiBite app (if applicable).
- Receive a live video or offline virtual exam, preliminary diagnosis or second opinion and full visit report.
- Download a personalized treatment plan and report within 48 hours. This will include instructions to engage an in-network provider for follow-up care as needed.
If I have used all of my Dominion benefits for the year, can I still use DigiBite?
Yes. You can receive a DigiBite live video dental consultation for $60 and an offline submitted request for $30 if your dental coverage is used up. Payments are made through the mobile app.
Does teledentistry replace the need to go to an in-person dentist?
While teledentistry is a good option for initial exams and consultations, not all dental conditions are suitable for review through the teledentistry platform.
We recommend visiting your dentist in person twice a year for routine cleanings and check-ups. Preventive care is the best way to save money long-term, and your dental insurance generally covers these visits. Check your dental insurance policy to confirm coverage.
DigiBite dentists provide their best professional opinion based on the oral health questionnaire, observations from the virtual consultations and additional documents and photos. However, in some cases, your DigiBite dentist may recommend a more thorough exam, x-rays, or a treatment program.
Is teledentistry covered under my benefit?
Your member dental plan policy will dictate your coverage. Any teledentistry services provided will count toward applicable benefit frequency limitations. Any applicable coverage from your dental plan will already be credited in the DigiBite app. Please refer to your dental plan policy for details regarding plan deductibles, annual maximum limits, copayments and frequency limits for services rendered. A payment may be required to schedule your consult and receive a report. If a payment is required, no claim will need to be submitted to Dominion.
DigiBite-specific inquiries can be directed to 256.602.3128 or via email at email@example.com.
Who do I contact about a DigiBite app or technical issue?
View Flyer (Coming Soon)
1 Available on Android and iOS operating systems.
Notice of this teledentistry offering is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice.